[Gluster-users] Replace brick 3.4.2 with 3.6.2?

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Wed Feb 25 00:45:57 UTC 2015

Hi Aytac,

Two gluster server nodes. Two volumes, each being a replica 2 of one brick.

One volume is currently still being prepared, so I won't mention it any
further.

The other node is used as the main storage domain for our RHEV
environment, which connects natively using the gluster client. The
configuration at the RHEV end points to one node, with the second node
configured as a failover. Clearly, any changes to that volume require
extreme caution and planned downtime.

At this stage the VMs do not directly access the gluster storage,
although one VM will soon have a gluster volume attached to it (the one
that's still being prepared), as it requires a lot of storage space.

We use RHEV bare-metal hypervisors, so there is no option to upgrade,
other than to install new versions as they become available. They are
installed from an ISO, just like a regular distro, but these are
extremely cut down versions of RHEL6, with all the good stuff left out.
They could potentially be upgraded by building the client from source
and copying it over but I'm not going down that road, for multiple reasons.

regards,
John