[Gluster-users] Removing a brick

Sam Giraffe sam at giraffetech.biz
Tue Feb 24 02:35:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

On my 20 nodes with 2 replica cluster I was able to run:

# gluster volume remove-brick art server1:/brick1 server2:/brick2 start

I got a message stating:

volume remove-brick start: success
ID: 16b887bb-e848-4054-a5af-9390055d32c9

However, when I run 'status' I get nothing in the output:

$ gluster volume remove-brick art  server1:/brick1 status
Node Rebalanced-files          size       scanned      failures
skipped               status   run time in secs
                               ---------      -----------

And when I try a commit I get an error saying that the removal is in progress:

# gluster volume remove-brick art  server1:/brick1 server2:/brick2  commit
Removing brick(s) can result in data loss. Do you want to Continue? (y/n) y
volume remove-brick commit: failed: Staging failed on server1. Error:
use 'force' option as migration is in progress
Staging failed on server2. Error: use 'force' option as migration is in progress

Any clue on how to get status of brick removal?

Thank you