[Gluster-users] pb glusterfs 3.4.2 built on Jan 3 2014 12:38:05

A Ghoshal a.ghoshal at tcs.com
Sat Feb 21 10:16:02 UTC 2015

Correction on below mail - I forgot to mention the relevant log.

From:   A Ghoshal/MUM/TCS
To:     Pierre Léonard <pleonard at jouy.inra.fr>
Cc:     gluster-users at gluster.org, gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org
Date:   02/21/2015 03:44 PM
Subject:        Re: [Gluster-users] pb glusterfs 3.4.2 built on Jan 3 2014
12:38:05
Sent by:        A Ghoshal

Hi Pierre,

I looked up the following log in the source code:

[2015-02-20 14:31:24.969984] E
[glusterd-store.c:2487:glusterd_resolve_all_bricks] 0-glusterd: resolve
brick failed in restore

Looks like what glusterd is trying to do is map all peers to their UUIDs.
This information is generally stored in

/var/lib/glusterd/peers

If you look in there, you will find one file for each peer. Here's an
example from my system:

root at serv0:/var/lib/glusterd/peers> ls
da6b79c8-38c2-411d-b522-30229a9e907f
root at ksc-base-unit0:/var/lib/glusterd/peers> cat
da6b79c8-38c2-411d-b522-30229a9e907f
uuid=da6b79c8-38c2-411d-b522-30229a9e907f
state=3
hostname1=serv1
root at serv0:/var/lib/glusterd/peers>

So, you should have such a file there for each host present in your pool.
If not, there may be a problem.

Also, I think that error with rdma.so shouldn't be a problem. It's just
glusterd's way to check whether your build supports rdma or tcp. Your
system must be using tcp socket to communicate among peers instead.

Thanks,
Anirban

P.s. This is kind of a disclaimer  - I am NOT a Red Hat developer, and not
associated with the glusterfs development team in any official capacity.
It's just that I use it from time to time.