[Gluster-users] Question about formatting of Gluster bricks.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Tue Feb 17 00:19:23 UTC 2015

Hi list.

I've searched around and I've found that nobody seems to have asked this
question before. Is it 100% necessary to have Gluster bricks that are
formatted with XFS, and is it also 100% necessary that it needs to be
its own partition and/or drive?

If it does, I think there needs to be something mentioned about this at
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Getting_started_setup_baremetal
[1]. If not, I wonder at why there's such an insistence on doing so at
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Getting_started_configure
[2] and at
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Getting_started_rrqsg
[3].

Also, if this is indeed 100% necessary, then I have to go back and
reinstall Ubuntu on these servers. Again.

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Getting_started_setup_baremetal