[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Dispersed Volume

Mohamed Pakkeer mdfakkeer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:36:29 UTC 2015

Hi  Glusterfs experts,

I am very new to GlusterFS. We are planning to create disperse volume on 36
drives chassis node. I have a question about dispersed volume.

 Can we configure the dispersed volume fail over at the node level instead
of brick level?.

  If i have 36 drives in a machine and configured as 6 +3 dispersed volume,
there is a chance to create complete 6 + 3 data chunks on the same machine.
If the node failed, we will lost the complete data. If the fail over at the
node level, glusterfs will write the 6 + 3 data chunks on 9 different
nodes. If any node failure, there will be no data loss.

Please correct me, if my understanding is wrong

--
Thanks & Regards
K.Mohamed Pakkeer