[Gluster-users] 3 Node Replicated Gluster set up as a ring - a good idea?

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Sun Feb 15 18:40:00 UTC 2015

I think switches are much faster at their job than the kernel and avoiding their use may be a mistake.

With regard to gluster, latency affects performance so if it's performance you're looking for, lowest latency switches would be wiser.

If it's just network design you're asking for, this might not be the most appropriate forum.