[Gluster-users] read only feature only works after the volume is restarted?

Feng Wang fanghuang.data at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 08:35:24 UTC 2015

Hi all,
If we set the read-only feature using the following command in the cli to a volume in service, it will not work until the volume is restarted.
gluster volume set vol-name features.readonly on
It means that the service must be stopped temporarily. Does this make sense?
An alternative method is re-mounting the glusterfs using the "-o ro" option. So both of them need the service to be interrupted . Could we have the method to make the volume read-only after flushing the requests on the fly without stopping the service?
 Best Regards,
Fang Huang