[Gluster-users] Can't create volume. Can't delete volume. Volume does not exist. Can't create volume.

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Feb 12 15:21:08 UTC 2015

On 11 Feb 2015, at 19:06, Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca> wrote:
> I nuked the entire partition with mkfs, just to be *sure*, and I still get the error message:
>
> volume create: gv0: failed: /brick1/gv0 is already part of a volume
>
> Clearly, there's some bit of data being kept somewhere else besides in /brick1?

Yeah, this frustrates the heck out of me every time too.

As a thought, did you nuke the /brick1/gv0 directory on *both* of the
servers?  Looking at the cut-n-pasted log below, it seems like you
nuked the dir on nfs1, but not on nfs2.

And it'd probably really help on our end if the "failed: /brick1/gv0
is already part of a volume" message included the node name as well,
just for it to be super clear. ;)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org