[Gluster-users] Regarding Samba on 3.6

RAGHAVENDRA TALUR raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:47:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Bhakare Ashutosh <bhakareashutosh at yahoo.com
> wrote:

> hi
>
> I am using glusterfs 3.6 while creating a volume
>  [gluster-downloadstat]
> comment = For samba share of volume downloadstat
> vfs objects = glusterfs
> glusterfs:volume = downloadstat
> glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-downloadstat.%M.log
> glusterfs:loglevel = 7
> path = /
> read only = no
> guest ok = yes
>
> the path = / it should be like /downloadstat

When you use vfs objects = glusterfs, you are asking samba to use glusterfs
vfs plugin for samba.
glusterfs:volume tells glusterfs plugin what volume to connect to and path
here becomes relative
to root of the volume. / here indicates that we intend to share the whole
volume.
This is correct.

> hence not able to mount the same

There might be some other reason why you are not able to mount the volume.
First, have a look at samba logs, log.smbd OR log.<clientIP/hostname> as
per your
settings. Next have a look at
  /var/log/samba/glusterfs-downloadstat.%M.log.

If something looks wrong in first set of logs it is either Samba error or
config issue
at samba level. If something looks wrong in second set of logs then it is
something
wrong with glusterfs or its configuration.

This link gives a good intro into using glusterfs vfs plugin
https://lalatendumohanty.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/using-glusterfs-with-samba-and-samba-vfs-plugin-for-glusterfs-on-fedora-20/

Kind Regards

--
*Raghavendra Talur *