[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] cannot delete non-empty directory

David F. Robinson david.robinson at corvidtec.com
Mon Feb 9 17:57:40 UTC 2015

 > Yes. This will solve the issue you are facing now. After this Aegis
can be removed from the mount point.
Understood.  Thanks for the clarification.

I looked at one of the zero length files in .glusterfs:

[root at gfs01bkp 54]# ls -al 2f54d764-6215-4dd0-bbcb-fef2bfedc7d8
---------T 2 rbhinge pme_ics 0 Jan 22 10:12
2f54d764-6215-4dd0-bbcb-fef2bfedc7d8

[root at gfs01bkp 54]# getfattr -d -m . -e text
2f54d764-6215-4dd0-bbcb-fef2bfedc7d8
# file: 2f54d764-6215-4dd0-bbcb-fef2bfedc7d8
trusted.gfid="/T×dbMлËþò¿íÇØ"
trusted.glusterfs.dht.linkto="homegfs_bkp-client-1"

 > A dump of all the xattrs matching regex "trusted.glusterfs.*" should
list all the xattrs. The value of "trusted.glusterfs.dht.linkto" xattr
should give the destination subvolume.
 > If the file is not present on the destination, then its a stale linkto
file pointing to non-existent file (on destination subvol) and it can be
removed.
 > Otherwise they are valid and shouldn't be removed.

Looks like the first one I checked is a stale link.

 > Again as shyam mentioned in previous mail [1] should've fixed the
issue (it is present in v3.6.0 and above). Not sure why we are seeing
this issue again.

Once you figure this out, do you or will you have some kind of tool to
go through and clean up all of these stale links?  Or, would you just
leave them as they are?

David