[Gluster-users] increase write performance in gfs 3.5.2

Rafi K C muhammedrafi13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:21:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 13:58 +0100, Peter P. wrote:
> Thank you. And what are the other two jobs ?
2) Collapse small writes.
    if the write request is smaller, then it will collapse maximum up to
page size (128KB) .

3) Aggregate write requests
	Aggregate one or more write request and send as a vectored write.

> I have set the write-behind-window-size to 500 Mb and wrote a 100 Mb
> file, but the speed is still the same.
> Can you explain why ?

Once we lied to application, then we will start processing the lied
list. So the entries will be deleted if one request is fulfilled. Though
it is a 100Mb write there is no need of the same window-size. Default
window-size is 1 MB. You can see the performance enhancement if you
turned-off the write-behind translator.

-Rafi KC