[Gluster-users] Can Striped Replicated volume used for VM

vyyy杨雨阳 yuyangyang at Ctrip.com
Sun Feb 8 13:02:06 UTC 2015

Hello

I have been using GlusterFS for about two years, We use Distributed Replicated volumes to hold files as NAS, Now I want to hold some VM images (KVM/Vmware). I am interested in Striped volume to improve IO performance.

But I found in admin guide, There are notes: "In this release, configuration of this volume type is supported only for Map Reduce workloads" both for Distributed Striped Replicated and Striped Replicated volume.
Dose this mean those two kind volumes can't use for VM and other application?

Which kind of volume is the best practise for hold VM.

Thanks
Young