[Gluster-users] 2 Node glusterfs quorum help

Kaamesh Kamalaaharan kaamesh at novocraft.com
Sun Feb 8 10:50:47 UTC 2015

Hi guys. I have a 2 node replicated gluster  setup with the quorum count
set at 1 brick. By my understanding this means that the gluster will not
 go down when one brick is disconnected. This however proves false and when
one brick is disconnected (i just pulled it off the network) the remaining
brick goes down as well and i lose my mount points on the server.
can anyone shed some light on whats wrong?

my gfs config options are as following

Volume Name: gfsvolume
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: a29bd2fb-b1ef-4481-be10-c2f4faf4059b
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: gfs1:/export/sda/brick
Brick2: gfs2:/export/sda/brick
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.quorum-count: 1
auth.allow: 172.*
cluster.quorum-type: fixed
performance.cache-size: 1914589184
performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 60
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: diff
performance.write-behind-window-size: 4MB
nfs.trusted-write: off
nfs.addr-namelookup: off
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
performance.cache-max-file-size: 2MB