[Gluster-users] Max recommended brick size of 100 TB

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 17:06:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

I read in the Gluster Getting Started leaflet (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2014-01/pdf3IS0tQgBE0.pdf) that the max recommended brick size should be 100 TB.

Once my storage server nodes filled up with disks they will have in total 192 TB of storage space, does this mean I should create two bricks per storage server node?

Note here that these two bricks would still be on the same controller so I don't really see the point or advantage of having two 100 TB bricks instead of one single brick of 200 TB per node. But maybe someone can explain the rational here?

Regards
ML