[Gluster-users] Centos 7.x or 6.x for new gluster deployment?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:44:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Serkan Çoban <cobanserkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> What Centos version should I use for a new gluster cluster? I am
> planning to go with 6.x but if 7.x brings some performance
> improvements I want to know that. So what is your suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Serkan

I would strongly recommend using CentOS 7.x. It's the latest software,
and has more advancements coming down the pipeline all the time, as
opposed to CentOS 6.x, which is ending its Production 1 life cycle
phase (as dictated by Red Hat) next year. With the end of that comes
increasing focus on RHEL 7, and thus CentOS 7.

There have already been numerous improvements to networking and other
subsystems in the latest point release (7.2) that don't make it back
to CentOS 6, so you should go for CentOS 7 instead.