[Gluster-users] installing glusterfs-coreutils on ubuntu

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 11:18:05 UTC 2015

> The documentation requires installing "glusterfs-api-devel", which isn't
> available in the Ubuntu PPA.

As Kaushal pointed out, the headers are in the glusterfs-common .deb. The people who did the Debian/Ubuntu packaging don't like -dev packages. I'm not sure why. :-/

You appear to have glusterfs-common installed because you do have the header files. What version of GlusterFS are you using?

> However, I do have the header files that I
> believe ./configure is looking for installed but can't seem to point
> ./configure to them using CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, etc. I also tried to use the
> --with-glusterfs ./configure option as well. What's the proper way to do
> this?
>
> output of ./configure where it halts:
>
> checking for GLFS... no
> configure: error: cannot find glusterfs api headers

You could look at configure(.ac) and try to suss out how configure is looking for GLFS. It could be using pkgconfig, or looking for the header file, or looking for a symbol in the shared library, or something else.

Otherwise I'll take a look when I get to the office in a bit.

--

Kaleb