[Gluster-users] installing glusterfs-coreutils on ubuntu

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 10:31:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 02:55:15PM +0800, Marc Eisenbarth wrote:
> The documentation requires installing "glusterfs-api-devel", which isn't
> available in the Ubuntu PPA. However, I do have the header files that I
> believe ./configure is looking for installed but can't seem to point
> ./configure to them using CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, etc. I also tried to use the
> --with-glusterfs ./configure option as well. What's the proper way to do
> this?
>
> output of ./configure where it halts:
>
> checking for GLFS... no
> configure: error: cannot find glusterfs api headers
>
> existing header location:
> $:~/glusterfs-coreutils$ sudo find /usr -name "glfs.h" -print
> /usr/include/glusterfs/api/glfs.h

glusterfs-coreutils uses pkg-config to get the location from the headers
and the additional compile/link options. You will need a
glusterfs-api.pc file under /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/ (or similar). This
command should list glusterfs-api when all is right:

  $ pkg-config --list-all

I do not know how Ubuntu packages are providing development files, so I
can not really give you more details than this.

HTH,
Niels