[Gluster-users] Gluster Documentation Update

Shaun McCance shaunm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 15:55:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-10 at 08:34 +0530, Humble Devassy Chirammal wrote:
> Above is a deadlink because "Features" directory itself is moved and
> its now part of https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/maste
> r/done/Features/quota-object-count.md

What's the long-term plan for these specs? It's useful to be able to
point people to a URL for a spec where they can read it rendered. Do we
plan on publishing them somehow, or is the GitHub preview for Markdown
enough?

Right now, the specs are organized in done and in_progress directories.
I understand this helps organize, but it makes it very difficult to
have links from other places that don't constantly break.

Before I realized you'd already migrated these to the glusterfs-specs
repository, I was working on moving them to the GitHub wiki on the
glusterfs repository. See this for example:

https://github.com/shaunix/glusterfs/wiki/Fault-Injection

I'd really like to have redirects from the old MediaWiki URLs to the
new specs. Also, the front page of gluster.org still point to the wiki
pages for planning, not the glusterfs-specs pages. We need stable URLs
to point people to.

--
Shaun