[Gluster-users] Strange file corruption - it happened again

Udo Giacomozzi udo.giacomozzi at indunet.it
Mon Dec 14 11:14:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

it happened again:

today I've upgraded some packages on node #3. Since the Kernel had a
minor update, I was asked to reboot the server, and did so.

At that time only one (non-critical) VM was running on that node. I've
checked twice and Gluster was *not* healing when I've rebooted.

After rebooting, and while *automatic* healing was in progress, one VM
started to get HDD corruption again, up to the point that it wasn't able
to boot anymore(!).

That poor VM was one of the only two VMs that were still using NFS for
accessing the Gluster storage - if that matters.
The second VM survived the healing, even if it has rather large disks
(~380 GB) and is rather busy.

All other ~13 VMs had been moved to native glusterfs mount days before
and had no problem with the reboot. The Gluster access type may be
related or not - I don't know...

All Gluster packages are at version "3.5.2-2+deb8u1" on all three
servers - so Gluster has *not* been upgraded this time.
Kernel on node #3: Linux metal3 4.2.6-1-pve #1 SMP Wed Dec 9 10:49:55
CET 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kenrle node #1&#2: Linux metal1 4.2.3-2-pve #1 SMP Sun Nov 15 16:08:19
CET 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any idea??

Udo