[Gluster-users] Gluster - Performance issue while copying bulk files/folders

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 05:15:13 UTC 2015

Response inline.

----- Original Message -----

Hi Srikanth,

Could you please provide the following information so that the reason behind
slow copy can be deduced?

1) Profile info of the volume when you copy dirs/files into glusterfs.
2) Profile info of the volume when you copy dirs/files within glusterfs.

The following steps should help you with profile info:
1) gluster volume profile <VOLNAME> start
2) Perform copy operations
3) gluster volume profile <VOLNAME> info (you will get stats of the FOPs at this point)
4) gluster volume profile <VOLNAME> stop

Please follow steps 1 through 4 twice. Once for copy into glusterfs and once for copy
within.

> Cheers
> Srikanth

Thanks,