[Gluster-users] Gluster Documentation Update

Humble Devassy Chirammal humble.devassy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:04:11 UTC 2015

HI Lindsay,

BTW, I still get a lot of dead links from the search on readthedocs

Can you please share couple of examples?

Because, if the dead links are formed due to recent rearrangement of docs,
it will be vanished soon. . That said, when we moved the documentation to
github based, we kept everything in github and rendered to readthedocs.
However, recently one more revisit happened on this approach and now the
documentation is mainly in 3 places.

*) Developer docuement : Inside gluster source code repo (
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/master/*doc/developer-guide*)
*) Features/specs  :  https://github.com/gluster*/glusterfs-specs/*
*) Admin/user based : https://github.com/gluster/*glusterdocs*

If I am searching on a string (for ex: quota) in readthedocs  , below link
may come in the search result
http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Features/quota-object-count/?highlight=quota

Above is a deadlink because "Features" directory itself is moved and its
now part of https://github.com/gluster/*glusterfs-specs*
/blob/master/done/Features/quota-object-count.md

Please let us know if you are facing the deadlink issue for some other
scenarios.

--Humble