[Gluster-users] Strange file corruption

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Wed Dec 9 16:17:48 UTC 2015

> A-1) shut down node #1 (the first that is about to be upgraded)
> A-2) remove node #1 from the Proxmox cluster (/pvevm delnode "metal1"/)
> A-3) remove node #1 from the Gluster volume/cluster (/gluster volume
> remove-brick ... && gluster peer detach "metal1"/)
> A-4) install Debian Jessie on node #1, overwriting all data on the HDD
> -*with same Network settings and hostname as before*
> A-5)install Proxmox 4.0
> <https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Jessie>on
> node #1
> A-6) install Gluster on node #1 and add it back to the Gluster volume
> (/gluster volume add-brick .../) => shared storage will be complete
> again (spanning 3.4 and 4.0 nodes)
> A-7) configure the Gluster volume as shared storage in Proxmox 4 (node #1)
> A-8) configure the external Backup storage on node #1 (Proxmox 4)

Was the data on the gluster brick deleted as part of step 4? When you
remove the brick, gluster will no longer track pending changes for that
brick. If you add it back in with stale data but matching gfids, you
would have two clean bricks with mismatching data. Did you have to use
"add-brick...force"?