[Gluster-users] Strange file corruption

Udo Giacomozzi udo.giacomozzi at indunet.it
Wed Dec 9 15:18:07 UTC 2015

Am 08.12.2015 um 07:57 schrieb Krutika Dhananjay:

>     quick-read=off
>     read-ahead=off
>     io-cache=off
>     stat-prefetch=off
>     eager-lock=enable
>     remote-dio=enable
>     quorum-type=auto
>     server-quorum-type=server
>

> Perfectly put. I am one of the devs who work on replicate module. You
> can alternatively enable this configuration in one shot using the
> following command for VM workloads:
> # gluster volume set <VOLNAME> group virt

The RedHat guide
<https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Storage/2.0/html/Quick_Start_Guide/chap-Quick_Start_Guide-Virtual_Preparation.html>
states:

> After the volume is tagged using |group virt| command, you must not
> use the volume for any other storage purpose, other than to store
> virtual machine images. Also, ensure to access the volume only through
> gluster native client.

Okay, I'll give it a try.
I've created a new volume, set the options mentioned above, accessing it
via native GlusterFS (using 127.0.0.1 address) and moved some
non-critical VMs to that storage.
We'll see it that works fine... :-)

Udo