[Gluster-users] Strange file corruption

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 06:57:08 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Perfectly put. I am one of the devs who work on replicate module. You can alternatively enable this configuration in one shot using the following command for VM workloads:
# gluster volume set <VOLNAME> group virt

Like Lindsay mentioned, it is not clear why the brick on the first node did not go down when the other two nodes were rebooted, given that server quorum is enabled on your volume.
Client-quorum option seems to be missing in your volume. Once you enable it, it is necessary for at least two bricks per replica set to be online for the writes to happen on the volume.
If two nodes are down, the volume becomes read-only, causing the VMs to possibly go into a paused state.

-Krutika