[Gluster-users] Why oh why does gluster delay?

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Tue Dec 1 20:38:19 UTC 2015

Atin,

In debug, the glusterd log file is pretty sizeable. I do see regular:
[2015-12-01 20:29:14.407105] E [MSGID: 106167] [glusterd-handshake.c:2073:__glusterd_peer_dump_version_cbk] 0-management: Error through RPC layer, retry again later

And ones like:
[2015-12-01 20:29:45.057998] C [rpc-clnt-ping.c:165:rpc_clnt_ping_timer_expired] 0-management: server 172.18.56.55:24007 has not responded in the last 30 seconds, disconnecting.

Hopefully there is something in there that can give a clue as to what is going on.

Incidentally, to enable debug using the RPMs, the code in /etc/sysconfig/glusterd is inaccurate. The init file looks for LOG_FILE and LOG_LEVEL rather than the GLUSTERD_LOGLEVEL and GLUSTERD_LOGFILE that are in there as examples.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California