[Gluster-users] write(filename, ...) implementation

Ivica Siladic ivica.siladic at mireo.hr
Mon Aug 24 17:54:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm doing a lot of small writes to distributed/replicated Gluster volume. The performance I'm getting is not acceptable. Interestingly, I'm getting doubled speed boost if I use libgfsapi instead of kernel volume mount.

My guess is that I could get significant boost if I could reduce RPC roundtrips somehow. So, instead of open->write->close sequence I'd like to use single write(filename, ...) call.

Can someone point me to the relevant places in Gluster source code and briefly explain how to acomplish that? I really need just some rough ideas.

Ivica