[Gluster-users] How to partition directory structur for 300K files?

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Mon Aug 24 14:48:25 UTC 2015

Re,

putting back mailing list so they keep up.

With newer version, fuse perform much better, and provide transparent
failover. As both brick are 2 VM in same host, latency will not be an issue.
Most important is to ensure you have drivers /tools inside VM to get best
perf.

on client and servers, I use this in /etc/sysctl.conf

vm.swappiness=0
net.core.rmem_max=67108864
net.core.wmem_max=67108864
# increase Linux autotuning TCP buffer limit to 32MB
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem="4096 87380 33554432"
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem="4096 65536 33554432"
# increase the length of the processor input queue
net.core.netdev_max_backlog=30000
# recommended default congestion control is htcp
net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=htcp

options I set on gluster volumes:

server.allow-insecure: on
performance.client-io-threads: on
performance.read-ahead: on
performance.readdir-ahead: enable
performance.cache-size: 1GB
performance.io-thread-count: 16

Options I set on brick in fstab for XFS mounted volumes used by gluster:

defaults,noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,largeio,inode64,swalloc,allocsize=131072k,nobarrier

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr

: