[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster News of the week #30/2015

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:14:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:35 AM, sankarshan
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 06:27:53 +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
>
>> It would be good to have some standard structure that includes
>> interesting statistics.
>
> I'm not absolutely sure about the statistics but I was thinking about
> highlighting specific threads that are interesting.

And now, a very primitive first draft of what it could look like -
<https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/mock-gluster-weekly-news>

(If the pad does get borked, here's the content pasted)

Feedback welcome and appreciated.

/s

=== BEGIN ===

This is the work-in-progress mock "Gluster Weekly News" pad.

The proposed approach is to (a) break out the weekly news into
sections (b) addition of content to the sections can be managed by
specific contributors

Week 33: 17-23 August - assigned blog poster for this week:
<replace_with_your_name>

== News about the Gluster Project from around the world

TBD: work out more avenues than just #gluster on Twitter

== Conversations from the mailing lists

Avra responded to a query around backup -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21936
suggesting that snapshots of the volume is a preferred "good" approach

Atin indicates that the "failed after update on centos 7"
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21924
could actually be a split-brain issue and suggests a recovery path

Interesting thread around a single node cluster -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21912
with Kaushal deducing that the issue might be due to name
resolution/FQDN being at fault. More
athttp://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/21940

== Commit Logs

== Meetup News and Events

http://kvmforum2015.sched.org/event/43b9efa496fa5ecf0effa0e98ce2aeba -
Martin Sivak talks about oVirt and Gluster - Hyperconvergence

http://www.meetup.com/glusterfs-India/events/222201221/ - GlusterFS
group has a meetup at Bangalore; distaf and more will be talked about

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>