[Gluster-users] One volume gluster vol

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:18:48 UTC 2015

Hey Mark,

Does the address `mybox` resolve on you system? Gluster requires a
resolvable hostname to be used for bricks. If is doesn't resolve add
an entry to your /etc/hosts. for eg. '127.0.0.1 mybox'. This allows
the name to be resolved and gluster will allow you to create the
volume. You will now be able to create your single brick volume using
`gluster volume create <volume-name> mybox:/<brick-path>`

If later you want to expand you cluster, you should make sure that the
name `mybox` is resolvable from all other nodes to point to your first
system.

~kaushal