[Gluster-users] Need help making a decision choosing MS DFS or Gluster+SAMBA+CTDB

David david.peer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:04:30 UTC 2015

Thanks everyone.

So from reading all your comments, I understand that if I need an active /
active synchronized setup for higher workloads, Gluster is for me.
Other then that, DFS-R is a good option for data replication at the expanse
of latency of the replicated data to the secondary node, and only one
server is active per CIFS share.

Does DFS-R works well on high rate of changes?
Found from other users use cases that DFS-R caused server hangs and such,
hope it was fixed in Win2K12 server.

David