[Gluster-users] Need help making a decision choosing MS DFS or Gluster+SAMBA+CTDB

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Mon Aug 10 05:42:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

what do you mean by "true" clustering ?
We can do a Windows Failover cluster (1 virtual ip, 1 virtual name), but
this mean using a shared storage like SAN.

Then it depends on your network topology. If you have multiple geographical
sites / datacenter, then DFS-R behave a lot better than Gluster in
replicated mode. Users won't notice any latency,
At the price that replication is async.

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr