[Gluster-users] Does sharding work at all?

Eivind Sarto eivindsarto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 02:36:32 UTC 2015

I'm new to gluster and just recently evaluating it for a project.
After I created a 6-node, distributed-replicated=2 volumes and did some
basic testing, I turned on "features.shard on".
Nothing works anymore.  Files copied are not equal, or not even the same
size.  It appears completely busted.
This is gluster-3.7.3.

Is there anything else that is needed to configure sharding.  The docs say
that you just need to turn the feature "on".

Are anyone using sharding?  And is anything working for you?

-eivind