[Gluster-users] Shared IP address

Sharad Shukla sharadshukla19 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:55:30 UTC 2015

Hi Alex and friends,

I have installed CTDB and all related packages . I did all the required
steps to configure ctdb and samba configuration, but somehow the lockfile
functionality does not work.

*Following is the ctdb configuration:*
CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK="/mnt/datavaol/lock/lockfile"
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/etc/ctdb/public_addresses
CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
CTDB_NODES=/etc/ctdb/nodes

Having the above config I was getting the error "Unable to find lockfile".
So the problem was with CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK, so I commented it. After this I
again started ctdb services but now the Samba starting was a big
problem....  I was getting the following error:
Starting SMB services: /bin/bash: line 1:  4339 Aborted
(core dumped) smbd -D

*Following is the smb.conf:*
[global]
        clustering = yes
        idmap backend = tdb2
        private dir = /mnt/datavol/lock

[share]
        comment = Gluster and CTDB based shared volume
        path = /mnt/datavol/share
        read only = no
        guest ok = yes

I tried every possible way to start Samba daemon but failed to do so ..

I would really appreciate if you can look into this configuration and
suggest me some tips to make ctdb running without any errors..

Thanks & Regards
Sharad