[Gluster-users] Expanding gluster by one server

s19n mailbox at s19n.net
Thu Apr 30 10:32:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

  I'll soon be trying to implement the following scenario:
https://joejulian.name/blog/how-to-expand-glusterfs-replicated-clusters-by-one-server/

  Instead of the deprecated "replace-brick" command, can I temporarily
increase the replica number to 3, wait for data to propagate, and after
that go back to replica 2 with different "brick" sets? I think this
could be convenient because I currently have two servers with four
bricks *each* and replica 2.

  I have no spare space left on the servers, so I'm afraid the procedure
described at
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2013-September/014537.html
cannot be used in my case.

Regards