[Gluster-users] VM hangs when one of the glusterfs server started

Jay 15305714684 at 189.cn
Thu Apr 30 02:55:37 UTC 2015

Hello guys

I've encountered a problem, i have a glusterfs cluster of 3 servers, 1
volume,which is a replicate volume:

[root at sy-host-1 ~]# gluster v info

Volume Name: img

Type: Replicate

Volume ID: 93e23097-1899-4396-9fca-cf592f4c7a25

Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: 192.168.60.13:/ytxt/glusterfs

Brick2: 192.168.60.14:/ytxt/glusterfs

Brick3: 192.168.60.15:/ytxt/glusterfs

The volume is used as a shared filesystem for kvm, but when i was doing some
maintenance work on one of the servers, say, sy-host-2, i stopped glusterd
daemon, after the maintenance work done , i started glusterd daemon, but as
soon as the process was up, some of the vm was hanging, can not ssh to the
vm. I was thinking if there was something to do with glusterd daemon,so i
tried to stop the daemon just started, bang~~, everything was back to normal

As soon as sy-host-2 started the glusterd daemon, sy-host-1 showed up
something in the log(/var/log/glusterfs/glusterd.log):

[2015-04-28 06:08:35.342054] E
[client-handshake.c:1496:client_query_portmap_cbk] 0-img-client-1: failed to
get the port number for remote subvolume. Please run 'gluster volume status'
on server to see if brick process is running.

[2015-04-28 06:08:35.342223] I [client.c:2215:client_rpc_notify]
0-img-client-1: disconnected from img-client-1. Client process will keep
trying to connect to glusterd until brick's port is available

I ran the command "gluster volume status" on sy-host-2, nothing but normal

Any help is great appreciated

--

Jay