[Gluster-users] Shared IP address

Sharad Shukla sharadshukla19 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:34:31 UTC 2015

Hi Susant,

I have installed Glusterfs in 2 machines which I want to use for
establishing cluster. I am using CentOs 6.6. The gluster volume is set up
and running fine. I am manually creating the files onto the mounted volume
and they are replicating..

So far looks like everything is working. Now I have configured a shared ip
address for reaching the replicated volume by using the following command:

gluster volume set [VOLUME] auth.allow [IP ADDRESS]

This IP address is visible to me under "gluster volume info", but I am
unable to ping this ip address. I am getting the message that "Host is
unreachable"

I need this ip address reachable so that I can connect my application which
needs to use this shared ip to connect to cluster.

This application is a little urgent for me. I would really appreciate your
help..

Thanks
Sharad