[Gluster-users] unusual gluster-fuse client load

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Mon Apr 27 14:43:27 UTC 2015

All,

I have an unusual situation.

I have a client whose 1 fuse mount to a volume adds increased load to the
machine when its mounted.  When it is not mounted the server is well below
1.00 in top/uptime for load avg.

The strange part is, this gluster volume is mounted across multiple
servers in my environment where the load is not observed.

I've tried strace, and saw nothing usual.  I've even rebooted the client
thinking, that there is might be "some odd cache"  but there was no change
as the load started to climb after the reboot, and mounting of the fuse
filesystem.

Nothing in the client/server logs regarding that fuse volume.

Would the community have any suggestions that I might investigate more of?
 I haven't tried to wireshark yet.  But i'm not certain I know what to
look for if I did capture the tcp dump.

Thanks,

Khoi Mai
Union Pacific Railroad
Distributed Engineering & Architecture
Senior Project Engineer

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**