[Gluster-users] SSD Cache Without RAID Controller

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 08:36:01 UTC 2015

On 24/04/15 09:14, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the glusterfs with the following architecture :-
>
> 1. 3* Supermicro servers As storage node.
> 2. Every server has 10 SATA HDD (JBOD) and 2 SSD for caching (2
> Additional on back pane for OS).
> 3. Gluster should be replica=3
> 4. 10G network Connection....
>
> The question is how to configure the SSD caching for 10 Bricks,just
> like CEPH (write the journal on SSD drives)...I didn't find any
> article for the same..
>
> Thanks,
> Punit

You have at least 2 choices for SSD caching with current GlusterFS.

1. Use Centos 7 and use LVM cache on your SSDs.
2. Use ZFS as your brick filesystem and set up an SLOG, say 4GB and an
L2ARC (rest of the space) on the SSDs. Note that the SLOG would need to
be a mirror if you only have 2 SSDs. L2ARC can be a stripe.

Native Glusterfs tiering is being developed at the moment.

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not