[Gluster-users] How to search frequently asked questions in gluster mailing lists.

Raghavendra Talur raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:08:59 UTC 2015

Infra server wrote:

> > > the
> > > etiquette.

> > > +1. Specially I agree with Fedora guideline about "Top posting ". It
is
> > > really inconvenient to go through a long mail thread when people do
> > > "Top posting" [2].
> > >
> > > Fedora mailing list guidelines has link to following pdf [1]. It
> > > actually covers most of the things in a precise way. Just putting it
> > > here in case you missed it in the original wiki page.
> > >
> > > [1]
> > > http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/mailing-list-
> > > etiquette.pdf
> > > [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Lala
> >
> > > Sendt: 17. april 2015 08:59
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Good suggestion.
> >
> > Another suggestion. Off topic - sorry. Some of the question are the
> > same or similar which also increase the amount of mails. Maybe it just
> > me, but I failed to find a way to search the archives
> > "http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/" for answers or
> > also decrease the amount.

I had created a custom Google search for it once  but never went back to
finish tweaking it.  Here is the link
https://cse.google.co.in:443/cse/publicurl?cx=011584940093792490158:gn39i94_4la

Apart from mailing list archives,  it also searches through irc logs and
our gluster.org wiki.

If this does seem like a good I idea I will
Make it better.