[Gluster-users] Split-brain issue

Brett Gillett brett at ei2.ca
Mon Apr 13 22:14:07 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I have a split-brain situation on one of my volumes.  The part that I'm not
clear on is that it would appear to be on the root of the volume.

[2015-04-13 22:07:35.729798] E
[afr-self-heal-common.c:2262:afr_self_heal_completion_cbk]
0-www-conf-replicate-0: background  meta-data self-heal failed on /
[2015-04-13 22:08:46.769682] E
[afr-self-heal-common.c:197:afr_sh_print_split_brain_log]
0-www-conf-replicate-0: Unable to self-heal contents of '/' (possible
split-brain). Please delete the file from all but the preferred subvolume.-
Pending matrix:  [ [ 0 2 ] [ 2 0 ] ]

When I run the following command:

gluster volume heal www-conf info split-brain

I get this.  Lots of entries all pointing to root.

Brick XXXXX:/export/www-conf
Number of entries: 290
at                    path on brick
2015-04-13 22:11:00 /