[Gluster-users] Strange GlusterFS behaviour

Brett Gillett brett at ei2.ca
Mon Apr 13 16:21:16 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been running GlusterFS for a while now on EC2 instances to keep
several WordPress environments sync'd across multiple hosts.  Up until last
week everything has been working great.

All of the sudden on two of the environments I have seen massive spikes of
read activity on the root volumes of multiple instances.  The result is
that AWS limits the EBS volumes where the logging happens (root) and
nothing is accessible.

The only way I'm able to get them back to life to to snapshot the EBS
volumes, rebuild them and reconnect, not a great situation.

Sorry I can't add any logs because my environments are not accessible.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

GlusterFS v3.6.2

Brett