[Gluster-users] Glusterfs performance tweaks

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 04:19:56 UTC 2015

There is something that's not clear in what you are describing. Gluster
doesn't come into play until you access your data through the gulsterfs
mount. You can even stop your gluster volume and stop the glusterfs daemon
to confirm that it is not really interfering with your writes to the brick
in any way. What you are describing sounds like an issue with the way you
have partitioned your drive or set up the filesystem, which is probably xfs
in case of glusterfs if you are using defaults. Are you comparing the same
file system in both your cases ?