[Gluster-users] 3.6.2, file-write events out of order - data missing temporarily

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 11:03:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

So are the "submitter" clients exactly doing the same commands that you just pasted:
i.e., cp /localdir/job1234.txt /mnt/gv0/to_process/tmpspool followed by mv /mnt/gv0/to_process/tmpspool/job1234.txt /mnt/gv0/to_process in a loop?
Or are they executing a hand-written program perhaps which open()s the file, write()s to the file, and then executes a rename() syscall?

Also, is this issue hit if you turn off flush-behind (by doing a `gluster volume set <VOLNAME> performance.flush-behind off`)?

-Krutika