[Gluster-users] Unable to make HA work; mounts hang on remote node reboot

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Tue Apr 7 08:19:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

Le 07/04/2015 06:22, Joe Julian a écrit :
> That's probably wrong. If you're doing a proper reboot, the services
> should be stopped before shutting down, which will do all the proper
> handshaking for shutting down a tcp connection. This allows the client
> to avoid the ping-timeout. Ping-timeout only comes in to play if
> there's a sudden - unexpected communication loss with the server such
> as power loss, network partition, etc. Most communication losses
> should be transient and recovery is less impactful if you can wait for
> the transient issue to resolve.
>
> No, if you're hanging when one server is shut down, then your client
> isn't connecting to all the servers as it should. Check your client
> logs to figure out why.

I used to have this dramatic behavior on my bricks with two servers
connected through an IPSEC tunnel. Turns out that, when one of the
servers was shut down, the IPSEC tunnel was closed before the Gluster
services, making that "connection close" handshake never reaching the
other end.
Now my hosting company has implemented a virtual rack system that allows
me to seamlessly connect servers accross the country as if they were on
the same physical switch. I do not encounter that problem anymore.

Cheers !