[Gluster-users] newbie quick question

aytac zeren aytaczeren at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:13:45 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

Raid will provide you disk fault tolerance. Replication on GFS will provide
you node fault tolerance.
It's just a matter of design. Using higher levels of Raid (Ex. 5&6) with
replication will provide you high availablitiy with minimal disk capacity
loss.

About using a partition on the same disk array;

Yes, you can.

I'm doin it. I use raid 5 with 4X300GB SAS array. 20 GB, which I allocated
to OS and the rest is working as a bridge.

Regards
Aytac