[Gluster-users] Gluster project site revamp update

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:31:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Soumya Deb <deb at redhat.com> wrote:
> Here's the staging page: http://code.debs.io/glusterweb/

This looks nice and is a good change from the current look-n-feel. I
wonder if you would consider figuring out how to include the "Try"
(ie. download and experience the functionality for yourself) link in a
manner that is immediately obvious. In other words, the landing page
would thus end up providing the following detail for various persona
of visitors - (a) how to download; install and set-up; (b) what is the
latest release and where is the project release timeline; (c) any
specific social media links relevant to the project; (d) how to get
involved; (e) where does the community get together.

> Here's the source code: https://github.com/debloper/glusterweb
>
> Here's some key-factors for the motivation to start anew:
> 1. This is a completely a static site - no server side, or static-site generation involved
> 2. Which means, one only needs to know just about HTML/CSS/JS/Git to start contributing in it
> 3. Which also means, the entry barrier is so low, even student community easily can contribute
> 4. One just needs to fork, edit & push to get a live staging on <username>.github.io/glusterweb
> 5. Managing/maintaining the site becomes trivially easy - so is the code-review (Pull Requests)

I was wondering if you have a set of baseline requirements that you
are designing against. And whether those can also be referenced in
order to provide the commentary/narrative structure to the designs you
are putting up for feedback.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>