[Gluster-users] iscsi and distributed volume

Jon Heese jonheese at jonheese.com
Wed Apr 1 19:20:41 UTC 2015

Or use multipath I/O (assuming your iSCSI initiator OS supports it) to mount the iSCSI LUN on both nodes in an active/passive manner.

I do this with tgtd directly on the Gluster nodes to serve up iSCSI disks from an image file sitting on a replicated volume to a VMware ESXi 5.5 cluster.

If you go this route, be sure to configure the iSCSI initiator(s) multipath to be active/passive (or similar) as my testing with round-robin produced very poor performance and data corruption.

Regards,
Jon Heese