[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Does anyone care if GlusterFS 3.7 does not work on older distributions?

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Wed Apr 1 02:10:48 UTC 2015

On 27 March 2015 at 04:48, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you have a strong desire for GlusterFS 3.7 clients on older
> distributions, contact us as soon as possible (definitely within the
> next two/three weeks) so that we can look into the matter.

You mention RHEL5 and Ubuntu 12.04LTS Precise as two targets that are
potentially causing problems.

I'm assuming for "newer" targets you're referring to RHEL7, Ubuntu
14.04LTS Trusty, and similar current long-term releases?

My only objection is when software requires me to start running
non-LTS releases (Ubuntu short term releases, Fedora, etc).  That's a
recipe for pain and heartache in a busy production world.

-Dan