[Gluster-users] Bricks as BTRFS

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Sep 29 23:29:54 UTC 2014

On 25/09/2014, at 7:53 AM, Venky Shankar wrote:
<snip>
> Wanted to check if anyone out here uses BTRFS (and willing to share their experiences[1]) as the backend filesystem for GlusterFS. We're planning to explore some of it's features and put it to use for GlusterFS. This was discussed briefly during the weekly meeting on #gluster-meeting[2].

In last week's GlusterFS Community Meeting, I volunteered to get a
VM up and running in Rackspace so people could start getting btrfs
testing happening.

The requested OS was Fedora 21 (alpha) as it has newer versions of
stuff than in Fedora 20.

However, I'm having some real problems getting F21 up and running
in Rackspace.  In a local VM on my desktop, no issue.  In Rackspace
though, it never (ever) comes back from the reboot after the
upgrade.  (suspecting due to the PVHVM nature of the VM maybe)

How critical is it for this to be F21 instead of F20?  If it's
really important, then I'll start getting really creative to get
F21 on there.  But it's likely to be a bit of a time suck with
experimentation.

Or would F20 (extremely easy to do) be good enough for now?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org