[Gluster-users] bonding question

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:02:41 UTC 2014

Adding more physical interfaces to a bonded NIC won't get you more speed
for single-stream operations.  To get more performance out of your bonded
NIC, you need to run multiple instances of the "dd" command.

A snippet from a good reference article:
Most administrators assume that bonding multiple network cards together
instantly results in double the bandwidth and high-availability in case a
link goes down. Unfortunately, this is not true.

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/linux_unix/article.php/3850636/Understanding-NIC-Bonding-with-Linux.htm

-Ron